Quickbooks error H202 is a multi-user mode error and it exists when the server connection has been terminated. The H202 error means that the company file is stored on some other computer and it cannot be operated from the user’s computer. It even shows that the server needs help in connecting. Also, the user cannot open the file that is stored on some other computer.
This error can occur sometimes and it is mainly because of connectivity issues. The Quickbooks server is unable to connect with the original file destination and is facing trouble opening the file. For this case, the multiple same file use is obstructed because of security reasons.
QuickBooks Error H202: Reasons for Occurrence
There can be various reasons and causes for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error H202.
- The hosting settings are not configured.
- Blocking by firewall.
- The Domain Name System settings are not correctly established.
- The Host’s and the server’s IP address is not available.
- QBFC Monitor and QuickbooksDBXX are not working properly.
- The network data file or the .nd file is lost or missing or broken.
Quickbooks Error H202: Symptoms
- Inability to switch to the multi-user mode in Quickbooks.
- Inability to access a company file stored on another computer system.
- Quickbooks Error Code H202 comes up again and again.
- Freezing and halting of the Quickbooks software.
- The response time of your system becomes high.
QuickBooks Error H202: Solutions to Fix
Method 1: Resolving the hosting to local files
- Firstly, Access the QuickBooks software and then tap the F2 key for opening the Product Information Window.
- In the bottom left pane, select Hosting below the Local Server Information for showing the local files only.
- You need to make sure that no other client tries hosting the same company file.
Method 2: Checking Network Connectivity
- Firstly, switch off the hosting on all the available workstations.
- From your workstation, choose your server name.
- Feed in your server name and then tap the Enter key.
Method 3: Restarting the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Firstly, Hold Ctrl + R to access the Run window and write in services.msc and then tap Enter.
- Do a right-click on QuickBooksDB19 (2007), QuickBooksDB18 (2008) or QuickBooksDB17 (2009) and choose the option Stop.
- Now again do a right-click and then choose Start and exit the window.
- Now you need to display all known file type extensions.
- Do a right-click on the Start menu and then select the option Explore.
- Select the option Tools and then the Folder Option.
- After this, tap on the View tab and then Hide Extensions in the known file types checkbox.
- Again, tap on the View tab and select the option Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Clear out the Hide Protected Operating System checkbox.
- Tap Yes on the warning and then press OK.
- Lastly, exit Windows Explorer.
Method 4: Removing and recreating the .ND file
- Firstly, Hold Ctrl + R to access the Run window and write in *.ND and then tap Enter.
- Now, do a right-click on the .ND file and then tap on the button Delete.
- Once it has been deleted, tap on the Start button
- Now, Go to All Programs and then QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Hit on the tab Scan Folder.
- Now tap on the button Add Folder and then browse for the specified company file.
- After that, select the company file and tap OK. The location of the company file is in the Folders with the QuickBooks-related company files.
- Now tap on Start Scan to perform a scan.
- As the scan is finished, tap on Close.
Method 5: Access the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on your server via the Tool Hub
Your host server computer stores the QuickBooks company file. Your other server computers connected to the network are your server workstations.
- Firstly, exit all the QuickBooks-related applications.
- Now, begin to download the QuickBooks tool hub from Intuit’s Website, and then store the file in the easily accessible directory location.
- After this, open the .exe file.
- Now, do as the instructions come up on the desktop screen and accept the license agreement to move forward.
- Lastly, tap on Finish and you will have the tool in your system.
- Within the QBDBSM, you have to go to the option Start Scan in case the company files are displayed. Or Browse for the location of the company file and then choose the option Start Scan.
- The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will correct all the firewall permissions automatically.
- As the scan is finished, tap on Close.
- Now you are required to access the QuickBooks software on every workstation where you find the QuickBooks Error H202.
- Select the File and start to switch to using Multi-user Mode.
Method 6: Hosting Own Network
In case the user has not already hosted a self network, the user can do the following steps for installing the QuickBooks database server manager on each of the QuickBooks versions that are presently in use. After the database server manager is installed, you are required to continue with the part given below:
There are two ways for setting up the QuickBooks database server manager:
- The Full Program Option: This way can be used for installing the full version of the QuickBooks software and the database server manager on the server.
- The Server-Only Option: Using this option, the user can install the database server manager on the server system.
Quickbooks H202 Error is defined as a multi-user mode error and it exists when the server connection has been terminated. The H202 error means that the company file is stored on some other computer and it cannot be operated from the user’s computer. In this article, we have included the reasons, symptoms, and solutions to resolve this multi-user mode error. Hope you are free from all such problems now. For any more help, you can reach out to the QuickBooks Customer Care team available 24×7.
This is Vijay, I am a professional SEO Expert & Write for us technology
blog and submit a guest post on different platforms- technootech provides a good opportunity for content writers to submit guest posts on our website. We frequently highlight and tend to showcase guests.